The hospital performs comprehensive diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the nose, ears, throat and larynx. The otolaryngologist team deals with the treatment of children and adult patients. The team performs a wide range of treatments using innovative surgical methods. Thanks to the implementation of the most innovative medical technology, the team of specialists achieves optimum therapeutic effect with the least surgical intervention.
At St. Luke’s Hospital patients have the opportunity to undergo the most innovative methods of treating snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. These safe and non-invasive procedures involve the plastic surgery of the nasal palate of the palate and the tongue. These treatments are performed under local anesthesia (especially in intravenous sedation under the care of an anesthetist). CELON® bipolar thermal therapy is used for correction. Thanks to the use of a bipolar electrode, a unique low-temperature coagulation effect (about 80 ° C) is achieved with a precisely defined range of high frequency coagulation. The procedure is done by inserting a special tip into the tissue and leaving it for a few seconds. Patients undergoing this technique have several benefits:
- Optimal coagulation (elimination of bleeding),
- Interstitial form of therapy (intact body surface, local anesthesia, minimal discomfort),
- Bipolar electrode (no neutral electrode, no current flowing through the delicate organs of the head and neck),
- Maximum patient comfort: after about 1 hour return to normal functions (home, work, etc.),
- Short treatment time (about 30 min).
In each case, the doctor will be qualified for a specific procedure during an outpatient consultation. After qualifying for surgery, the patient has an anesthesia consultation during which the anesthesiologist determines the type of anesthesia and informs the patient about the perioperative details.